We all know that Camp is quickly approaching, only 34 days, and here is just a short list of things to remember when getting your children ready for their days at camp!
- Sunblock is a must! We want your children, as much as you do, to be protected from the harmful rays the sun can have. Sunblock is the perfect way to do so. Remind your child to apply sunscreen in the morning and after drying off at the pool or lake (if you send them with sunscreen the staff are more than willing to help them apply it).
- Water! Water! Water! We can encourage your child to drink water all day and we do, but it helps if it is reinforced outside of camp. Make sure to send your child to camp with a water bottle that they can drink from throughout the day! Camp is lucky enough to have a water fountain conveniently located at the main lodge and will have set-up several coolers around camp so your camper always has access to water. No one wants to have to sit in the infirmary on a beautiful summer day with heat exhaustion or from dehydration.
- Pack them a delicious and nutritious lunch! We can guarantee that your kids will be burning calories like no tomorrow early in the day, so please pack them with food to help them refuel for an exciting and fun afternoon! I addition make sure they start the day with fuel by eating a good breakfast! in the morning!
- Label your child’s items and belongings. This helps to identify them and make sure they are returned to the proper person, a simple first name and last initial are good (or simply their initials), this helps us to identify lost good at the end of each day!
- Pack an extra set of clothes and towel. The kids spend a lot of time outside and in the water, extra dry materials are always good to have.
- Try to pack an extra plastic grocery bag or reusable bag to put wet clothes in, this will prevent them from combining their items and making everything in their bags damp!
These are just a few suggestions as a counselor and teacher that I can think of, I’m sure there are many more. We want your child to have a fun, happy, healthy summer at Camp Redwood and these are just a few ways we can think of to make sure that they do!
We look forward to seeing you in just over a month and we hope the end of the school year goes smoothly for all!